Now is the time for evaluating your Omaha sprinkler systems. A well maintained lawn not only looks better, but also increases your property value and curb appeal. Pioneer Underground Lawn Sprinklers Irrigation Systems are environmentally friendly. We believe in preserving our greatest resource, so we use both products and techniques that create the most efficient use of water.
Wasting Water is Costly
More than 40 percent of residential irrigation water is lost due to evaporation, runoff, over-watering, or improper system design/installation/maintenance. Save money, time and natural resources when you keep your system in tip-top condition with a mid-season inspection.
Mid-Season Inspection Includes:
- Inspect over-all performance
- Re-adjust sprinkler heads
- Check for leaks and seeping
- Adjust controller/timer for seasonal weather
- Move, raise, or lower sprinkler heads due to changing landscape
What You Can Do:
- Regularly inspect your overall watering system for leaks, broken lines or misdirected sprinkler heads. Taking a few minutes once a month to make sure your sprinkler and/or hoses are working correctly is a crucial step to ensuring efficient water use outdoors.
- Set it, but don’t forget it! Be sure to adjust your watering schedules throughout the summer. Not sure how? we are here to help.
- Consider an irrigation upgrade. Don’t just guess at how much moisture your lawn needs. Trust Digital Rain Sprinkler Systems to provide you with the right amount of water every time.
- Install a rain sensor. Rain sensors are designed to shut off sprinkler systems when rainfall reaches a preset amount, usually ¼ inch. Once the moisture level subsides, the sensor re-enables the sprinkler system, resuming the previous watering schedule
- Choose plants and grasses that will thrive in your soil conditions. When it comes to landscaping your yard, make sure you take some time to research what plants and grasses will hold up best in your climate.
- Work with Mother Nature, and not against her. You’d be surprised how much moisture your lawn can retain following a thorough summer rain. Make sure to set your timers and controllers properly.
Regular maintenance of your system will save you water, time, and money!
Remember to Water Wisely
- Lawns need at least one inch of water per week when the heat is severe. Use a rain gauge to keep track of the amount of water received from rainfall and irrigation.
- Water deeply and less frequently to encourage drought-tolerant roots.
- Water early in the day to reduce evaporation and fungal growth.
- Either water your lawn regularly and deeply, or don’t water at all. Don’t let your lawn go brown and dormant, then try to “water it back to life.” If your lawn goes dormant in summer, it should stay that way until fall – don’t worry, it should recover once the weather changes.
Pioneer Underground Lawn Sprinklers | Omaha Sprinkler Systems
Contact Pioneer Underground Lawn Sprinklers to schedule a free estimate on a system install or to find out what you can do to make your existing system more efficient. We welcome commercial and residential clients. We are always more than happy to answer any questions that you may have and to provide you with all of the information you need to make a decision about your lawn, or when purchasing your new system.
And remember, whether you need our services now… or later in the season, Your Healthy Lawn is Our Passion and we are only a phone call away! Call 402-934-7900 to schedule your service.